Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Day Three: Funny Stuff!

Started in St Regis Montana this morning. Funny beginning to my day! I woke up early and was extremely motivated and creative with the surrounding mountains and gorgeous breeze, so I worked from my loft in the back of the airstream. I say loft because it feels like one of those small northwest Portland type of places. Anway, with my second cup of coffee in hand and two hours of computer work behind me, I rolled out the door and headed towards the bathroom. Across the way was a nice looking man and I greeted him. He responded by saying “my wife really wants to know what a sweet spot is..” I laughed inside as I was torn between starting my sales pitch and running to the bathroom. Ha Ha… I told him I would be right back. When I returned I thought about changing into a skirt combing my hair and being presentable, but decided against it the “bed head and smudged mascara” morning look was working so I just went with it! I grabbed a few skirts, a brochure and a card and headed the 15 feet to his trailer from mine. His wife came out, I gave them the “schpeal” and she immediately grabbed the “hip Hapnyn and went inside to put on her tights. She came out looking adorable. The skirt fit her to a tee. Long story short, she bought three right from the big plastic bins that were strewn about at the rear of the trailer. Mickey and Lou: avid bike riders from Bellingham WA. They are going to host a “flash mob sale” the last weekend in July! New friends and we welcome them to the sweet spot family! My new guideline for intensity… we were so into the skirts I didn’t realize that the mosquitos were eating me alive 14 bites. It wasn’t until one bit me on the corner of my eyelid did I look up and start swatting. We were like ravenous dogs… she trying on skirts and me grabbing the plastic bags and saying “wait look at this one” “wait here is another one” “wait I bet you will like this one” LOL a skirt frenzy and a “14 bite intensity level.”


I chose the “Blue Lagoon” for todays Sweet Spot Attire. I must say my vast collection of skirts is fun to dress up with each day!

Next we drove into Missoula and parked at the KOA. Wow what an operation…I will get back to that in a bit. I had scoped out three bike shops that i wanted to visit and introduce myself and the skirts. I didn’t have time to set an appointment and really that isn’t the “sweet spot” way.

I just showed up and they were so nice. If you are ever visiting Missoula Montana and need a good bike store, these all seemed just great!

Missoula Bicycle Works: www.missoulabicycleworks.com

Big Sky Bikes: www.bigskybike.com

Open Road: www.orbicycleandnordic.com

I hope that they will soon be carrying the Sweet Spot™ Skirt for their female riders.

This day wasn’t over yet. Back at the KOA, I had to learn how to empty the septic tank. I had done it once with just water during my Airstream walk thru with Adam. Only that was just water and now I had the real thing…EWWWWW. I didn’t want to spew sewage through out this beautiful campground, so I jumped on my bike and found the closest man in Yellow. You see they have all these wonderful, what look to be retired KOA helpers, zooming around in yellow golf carts…when I asked they said, “no problem” and when he asked what space we were parked in… I drew a blank. I said it is the little airstream… and before I could finished he smiled nodded and said, “oh I know exactly where you are.” Again, having an airstream made me feel like a rockstar. I would have bought one of these ages ago if I knew I would be so cool by owning one. LOL Sewer dump went well. I had no spills and hazmat was not needed!

Next, dogs to the dog park (inside the KOA how cool is that?) Return some phone calls, dinner at famous daves, and shower, fill on-line orders and now bed. Good Night Sweet spot followers!

from the rear view mirror....yes as i was driving...

Lake Couer D Alene

No comments:

Post a Comment