Saturday, July 30, 2011

my first “free” night!

I keep saying how cool it is to meet and see again.. all the women who are buying my skirts.  The Friday Night Flash Mob was a success.  Thank you Nancy for hosting us!

Learning curve of the traveling saleswoman:  check to see if there is room at the inn.  I never thought RV parks fill up….I guess in Seattle they do, when I called the only two RV parks near North Seattle, each quietly chuckled when I asked if they had a pull through space. It seems that they are full all summer with reservations made months in advance???? who does that?????

So, with no place to park, hook up and be cozy, I decided to head out to accomplish my second goal and find the water.  In Mukilteo, there is a lighthouse, water, sand, a place to walk my dogs, people, fishermen, sunsets ect…. it was amazing.  Dinner was at a recommended brew pub, Diamond Knot Brew Pub…. http://www.diamondknot.com/ They serve you the meat on a burning brick and it cooks on your table.  (which had a learning curve as well…. my first bite was raw ha ha) I am not a big beer person, but when in a brew pub…. I had the blonde.  It was good, and their hefeweisen is much like a german hef and had big tastes of banana and nuts.  Not a fan but glad for the experience.

Sat with common Mukilteo folk at the bar…. so nice to say they were great company, chatted about skirts (my plan is working) and real estate and life.  might just have been the best and fastest bartender around.  The girl behind the bar liked the skirts, she said she wanted one.  I have one that would match her tattoo!

Outside the brew pub was a great little store with ice cream.  Kinda like the general store from years past- only beach style!  I searched for the only ice cream that I feel compelled to indulge:  mint choc chip.  Before I tell you the next part of the story, I want you to remember this… Friday I woke up really early, didn’t have time for a shower (eww but I was going to be in the car with my dogs?  really), had a quick “other” business  meeting, picked up my new signs, my new tank tops, drove frantically to Seattle, had a flash mob sale, sweated, walked the beach, make up was gone, hair was disheveled, and I had those very red eyes and super pale skin that you get when you are super tired.  Not what I would say was attractive!  Now back to the ice cream.  I smiled and asked the nice looking man if he had any mint chocolate chip!  He smiled and said, “I am a sucker for a skirt let me go to the back and get some!”  LOL I had the best ice cream cone with the biggest smile ever!  you see it doesn’t matter if you are 175lbs (like me) or what you look like haggard or not!   All they see is the CUTE SKIRT!!!!   I will definitely be back there.

Now, to secure a place to stay.  As we grow this company, cheap is good!  So I did for the first time stay for free….. wait for it …… in a Wal-mart parking lot!   Ha Ha I have to admit it was a bit scary at first, but it was a 24 hour Wal-mart so there were people and such everywhere.  I did have a nice car show with all the young street rods, this parking lot seemed to be the gathering place for the twenty something gentlemen who have super powered up motors ect.  Just a bit intimidating!

However,  I had my dogs, a cool breeze flowing through the airstream, and my Tempur-pedic pillow…can you say OUT! 

Headed to Marysville next, super excited!  Then the adventure continues……

No comments:

Post a Comment