Monday, October 19, 2015

Hate Treadmills? Here is a Solution

Treadmill running is definitely NOT my favorite form of working out! Nothing about running in place is inspiring to me; no matter what’s playing on the 25 TVs hanging on the wall of the gym or what tunes are pumping through my headphones, it’s just plain boring! But once in a while the treadmill is inevitable. Maybe it’s the weather: it’s too hot or too cold, too wet or too windy. Or maybe it’s the time of day: too late at night, or too dark. Whatever the reason, I do find myself running in place about once a week, so I decided to look online for ways to make this stodgy run more exciting, and what I found is a great 20-minute incline training from Popsugar.com!
For me, just hearing the word “incline” is enough to make my shins twinge (I HATE hills!), but I love this treadmill workout! Not only do you increase your speed at two minute intervals, you also increase your incline, beginning at an incline of 1.0 and maxing out at 6.0. This routine is a great way to get the sweat flying and the calories melting, without being so tedious that you’re at risk of falling asleep while running in place! Check it out here: http://www.popsugar.com/fitness/20-Minute-Treadmill-Workout-29833808

*Just a little tip: consider writing the routine out on an index card to place on the screen on the treadmill, and avoid messing with your phone while you run!

No comments:

Post a Comment